An outdoor survival kit is specially designed to help you face any emergency. If you love outdoor activities such as picnicking with friends, going camping, or even hiking, you understand that things can go wrong anytime. In such an unfortunate event, you want to be prepared for anything that comes your way.
Proper Outdoor Preparations are CriticalOutdoor activities are all fun until something goes wrong. Proper preparations can prevent such uncertainties from happening. If you ever get lost during an outdoor event, a basic outdoor survival kit will help you survive until you; either find your way out, or rescuers find you. Here are some simple rules you need to understand before embarking on any outdoor activity. These rules should apply to all participants.
- Always wear your whistle around your neck especially when you go fishing or hiking in an isolated area. You may need to use the whistle if you find yourself wandering away from the crowd.
- Get oriented with the region and avoid exploring further in the woods or outside the designated boundaries
- If you go camping, avoid leaving the campsite alone. If you have to go strolling alone, inform your colleagues about your whereabouts
What should you do if you get Lost Outdoors?
- Remain calm and establish a sheltered place where you can stay put. If you notice that there are planes overhead, you want to stay out in the open
- Whether you’re taking a short stroll or going hiking, always have your survival kit with you. It’ll come in handy in case you ever get lost. In this case, you can utilize the matchboxes to light a fire. Remember, you need to conserve as much of your energy and heat as possible
- Mark your location and identify landmarks before the dark settles in. You’ll use these to guide people into finding you
- Use your whistle and shout as loud as possible. You also want to focus on being found. Doing so will help you stay calm
- Start preparing for the night before darkness sets in. Build a shelter, gather wood, and light a fire.